I feel a real need to brag. Jay is finally interested in potty training! It has only taken 3 months of hinting, offering, guiding, bullying, suggesting, begging, forcing, and pleading but he is finally interested! Last saturday he had his first day without any accidents. He is even dry at daycare during the day!! The only time he still wears diapers is for naps and bedtime (mostly because I'm a chicken). Can I just say . . . oh the money we can save!! I am so excited!
I also learned recently that my son has a very good memory and knows the word grumpy. Most mornings at my house are rushed, mostly because I dread getting out of bed. So, having a two year old who wants to do it all his way doesn't necessarily match up with a rushed mom. The other morning was particularly rushed, but I didn't realize just how much until we were already in the car on the way to daycare. Jay was muttering in the back seat and being frustrated and distracted I was ignoring him. After I finally started listening closer, this is what I heard. "Mommy say hurry up, out door, close door, no run, hold still, no hit, stay there, get shoes, no diaper. " And so on as he reiterated everything I had told him that morning. He realized I was actually listening and then said, "Mommy grumpy." Realizing he was right I tried to apologize. He then said, "Yah, mommy needs time out." Pretty bad when my two year old knows that mom needs an attitude adjustment!
7 comments:
That is too funny! I wish my memory was that good!! :)
I love it when they throw our faults in our face like that! Can I tell you how many times a day I wish someone would give me a time out. Congrats on the potty training. We're still in the bribing, threatening, pleading, and generally wet stage. I'm jealous.
That's hilarious!
This is too funny! Makes ya think twice about the things you say huh! And wish you had a video camera on hand! Good job on having smart kids ;)
I can't believe he is potty training! He's so big! And I love the story...I'm sure Brock would tell me how grumpy I am if he could :)
Nothing like a guilt trip from a 2 year old.
That is so cute! Hilarious. My elder two put me in time out, but they aren't that cute about it.
Very jealous on the toilet training thing. Zipporah still isn't showing much interest in it.
Post a Comment