We received about a foot of snow Saturday and Sunday. I had forgotten how much I enjoy the white stuff. The winters here in Kirksville are typically extremely cold and icy. The snow also made for some interesting ER shifts. I saw some patients involved in some nasty MVCs. I really enjoy ER medicine, but I could never do it. It kills me seeing the same people come back over and over again for the stupidest things. Especially when they are private pay or medicaid and will never pay their bills. Who says that 40 million Americans don't have access to medical care. All they have to do is show up at the ER thanks to EMTALA.
Poor Mackenzie has been running a high fever while on Omnicef for otitis media. I stayed home from work today to take care of her. I took her in to she the pediatrician and she sent urine for a culture. She also finally referred her to ENT for evaluation and possible tympanostomy tubes. We have fought ear infections with her for over a year and the battle is getting old.
1 comment:
Poor baby-give her a hug from Grandma! Love you guys!
Post a Comment